Sunday, January 07, 2007

Time Management Preamble - by Sandeep

Sai Ram Students!

In preparation for the SSE Group III activity on Time Management and Study Skills - please prepare the following for January 14 SSE Group III class.

For each day (all 5 week-days, and Saturday), write down the activities in which you are spending time each day, the timing of each activity, and how you feel after the activity is over.

Break it up in smallest 15 minute chunks, so here is an example of the results you may have for next week.

- 7:00 - 7:30 - get up and get ready for school - (I'm already late for the bus!)
- 7:30 - 7:45 - prayers and breakfast - (3 Gayatris, and some toast, that's it!)
- 7:45 - 8:15 - bus to school - (I've got a big basketball game tomorrow, I'd better do well at practise today)
- 8:15 - 9:00 - basketball practise - (coach really has me running hard today, wonder why?)
- 9:00 - 3:00 - School - today: Gym, Math, English, French, Social Studies, and Art - (I'm already behind in French)
- 3:00 - 3:30 - bus home - ( what a day, can't wait to watch some TV )
- 3:30 - 4:00 - snack and television - (now I can hit the books, better get some work done - I've got swiming tonight)
- 4:00 - 5:00 - homework for Math, English - (that was soooooo easy!)
- 5:00 - 6:00 - swimming at Sportsplex - (I can make lifeguard in no time.)
- 6:00 - 6:30 - chatting online with friends ( it's a secret! )
- 6:30 - 7:00 - talking on the phone with friends (it's a secret!)
- 7:00 - 8:00 - dinner and sit to chat with parents ( They really push me hard that I have to be better in French, but I just don't have time. )
- 8:00 - 8:15 - getting ready for bed - (big basketball game tomorrow morning!)
- 8:15 - 8:30 - I'm not sure what I did - (I'm too tired anyway)
- 8:30 - 7:00 - lots of zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz


Why are we doing this? The goal of the time management exercise is four-fold:

- help you successfully identify time wasters and time savers
- help you do something productive with free-time
- help you transition to High School or University
- help you to use a planner

Swami sets a wonderful example of using time - not even a single millisecond is wasted. Let's all learn from Swami's example to use time more efficiently in our daily lives.

For each week, we will cover:

January 15:
- write down our goals for 2007
- take a look at where we are spending time each day

January 21:
- take a look at whether we are using time efficiently

February 4:
- using time more efficiently, and learning how to use a planner
----------------

Regards,
Sandeep.}

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?